Wamego USD 320 school district’s mission is to provide a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for academic success and personal growth for all students.
Together, we will provide opportunities for every child to reach his or her potential in order to become more than he or she ever hoped to be. We will focus our efforts on ensuring that all students learn, building a collaborative culture and establishing a focus on results.
- We are committed to each of the five goals as identified in the USD 320 Strategic Plan (2017-2022).
- We are committed to professional learning communities (PLCs) as the means of continuous school improvement.
- We are committed to continuous and demonstrable systemic improvement and believe this is the primary way an organization meets its mission and vision.
- We are committed to providing learning environments in our schools so that each child’s educational needs are frequently assessed and action is taken based on that assessment.
- We are committed to regularly using data to guide change and improvement.
- We are committed to providing students with a rigorous and relevant curriculum needed for effective learning for all students.
- We are committed to supporting teachers in their endeavor to provide high quality instruction.
- We are committed to effective leadership whereby leaders listen carefully, anticipate future needs, and work to engage others in leadership initiatives to shape necessary changes.