Wamego Middle School Site Council meets the fourth Monday of each month at 7:00pm in the WMS Library. Any deviations from the regularly scheduled meeting date will be posted in the minutes, sent out via Facebook and/or posted in the paper.
Site Council Board
– Vice President
Goals for 2014-2015
Goal 1: The WMS Site Council will actively participate in the school improvement process by studying data, reviewing programs and contributing information and advice to the Board of Education as requested, as well as required reports.
Members will receive reports from school officials and teachers concerning the progress toward building goals.
- The principal and teachers will present information to the Site Council concerning their programs.
- The principal will present and explain data as it relates to school improvement.
- Members will evaluate the system in place to motivate/celebrate reaching smart goals.
Goal 2: The WMS Site Council will continue to work toward increased participation of parents and/or community members with students and the school.
- Members will focus on increasing Site Council membership and accountability for attendance.
- Members will increase their knowledge of the Student Intervention Process.
- Members will endorse and encourage increasing technical literacy for parents through education about PowerSchool and other online resources. The use of computer classes and/or informational meetings will be evaluated.
Goal 3: The WMS Site Council will study and make information suggestions about the definition of, use of and purchase of technology at the Middle School.
- Members will create an “inventory” of current technology being used in the classroom.
- Members will increase their knowledge of the ways technology might be used in the classroom.
- Members will work with the administrators and PTO to develop purchasing goals. (laptops, e-readers)
Goal 4: The WMS Site Council will look at ways to improve the level of communication between the school and parents.
- Members will create an “FAQ” sheet for incoming 6th grade parents and make a plan for sharing this information. (electives, gym (uniforms/showers), student council, lunch, new classes, outdoor classroom, use of webpages)
- The USD320 Site Council tab will be updated monthly.